We just got back from a long road trip to Vancouver, BC, Canada. It was an amazing trip, one of the best I remember in recent years.
For those interested in stats :
- Trip length is nine days.
- Trip expense is just under $1500 for 4 adults and 1 child. See the pie chart breakout below. Therefore, it’s roughly $300/person or $30 per person per day.
Trip details :
- The first day of our trip was a 400 + miles drive from LA to Sacramento. We stayed in a 2 acres farm house. It turned out this was the worst part of the entire trip since this airbnb house was not very clean and it was actually the most expensive ($131) airbnb stay of our entire trip.
- The second day we drove from Sacramento to Portland, it was a very long drive (600 miles). We arrived just past 7pm, this airbnb host Karen was the most amazing host in our entire trip. Moreover, it was the cheapest as well, $42 to be exact.
- The third day we arrived in Vancouver, Canada. We stayed in a glamorous apartment complex at the Vancouver downtown centre for 4 nights. The location cannot be any better. It was another one of the best deal – $115 per night, 2 beds and 2 bathrooms on the 31th floor with amazing views of the city and harbor.
Best pit stop : Shasta lake in California (breathtaking views)
Best parks :
– Stanley park (Vancouver, BC)
– Queen Elizabeth park (Vancouver, BC)
– Minoru park (Richmond, BC)
Canada Place (waterfront) – an iconic landmark and venue for world-class events and inspirationally Canadian experiences.
Best FOOD!! (Vancouver has the best Chinese food, I can’t wait to go back) :